Application closing date: 25 June 2019
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women’s Multi Country Office, based in New Delhi, India, covers four countries of the region i.e. Bhutan, India, Maldives, and Sri Lanka.
Under the guidance of the Operations Manager (India MCO) and the daily supervision of the Human Resources (HR) Associate, the HR Assistant is responsible for administratively supporting the recruitment and placement, administration of benefits and entitlements of staff and local external contractors, other HR administration issues and separation of personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administer and implement HR strategies and policies in India MCO in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Provide general, standard information to the management and staff on HR strategies, rules and regulations;
- Identify ways in which the administrative needs can be met within existing policies; interpret processes and procedures, anticipate and manage operational requirements;
- Prepare written response to queries concerning HR related matters.
Provide HR administrative and logistical services to India MCO and region in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; maintain files/records, monitor deadlines;
- Provide administrative coordination in the extension of contracts, processing of national benefits and allowances, and entitlements, and renewal of UNLPs and visas;
- Input and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Facilitate responses to audit findings and recommendations;
- Assume overall responsibility for leave management; record management;
- Process payment, and administer entitlements for international staff as delegated; validate and coordinate local payroll and related issues;
- Facilitate staff separation process;
- Create/update entries of vendors, PO and Receipts in ATLAS system.
Facilitate and coordinate recruitment processes in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Draft job descriptions and vacancy announcements; assist in reviewing and processing requests for classification;
- Screen candidates and facilitate and participate in interview panels as necessary;
- Prepare recruitment recommendations/supporting documentation for the Central Review Board (CRB);
- Prepare position establishment, liaise with headquarters and assure that action is completed;
- Provide regular recruitment status reports;
- Provide advice to local recruitment in programmes/projects when necessary.
Provide administrative support to staff performance management and learning and development in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Support compliance with the performance appraisal review in the office and region and staff learning and development;
- Support in the preparation of Office learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Operations Manager.
Maintain data in relation to HR in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Maintain and update internal database and files on administrative HR matters in a confidential and secure manner;
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases;
- Update position data in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (CoAs), update of CoA information and setting up vendors.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing globally:
- Organize training courses, workshops, information sessions, orientations and consultations for staff;
- Provide a synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR administration;
- Liaise with HR headquarters in HR administration and staffing to disseminate information on a variety of HR matters.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate HR administration.
- Timely and accurate organization of recruitments.
- Timely and accurate information provision to staff on HR administrative and benefit and entitlement issues.
- Timely administrative service delivery to the India MCO.
- Up-to-date and secure databases, files and records.
Required Skills and Experience
Completion of secondary education is required. Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Public Administration is an asset.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in office administration and/or human resource management; Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management system.
Fluency in English and Hindi is required. Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.