|Application Deadline:||22-May-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left:||9d 13h 10m|
|Additional Category:||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract:||Service Contract|
|Required Languages:||English Spanish|
|Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)||15-Jun-2019|
|Duration of Initial Contract:||1 year|
|Expected Duration of Assignment:||18 months|
The project “Strengthening institutional capacities for the protection of girls, boys, adolescents and young people in the Colombia-Ecuador border area, affected by violence and armed conflict” has as its central objective “to strengthen mechanisms for the prevention and protection of girls , children, adolescents and youths (NNAJ), in the face of the dynamics of violence, to promote the stabilization of the Colombia-Ecuador border area “and will be implemented within the framework of the Binational Border Integration Plan 2014-2022. Project The San Lorenzo, Eloy Alfaro and Tulcán cantons will be intervened in the provinces of Esmeraldas and Carchi (Ecuador) and in the municipalities of Cumbal and Ipiales in the department of Nariño (Colombia). It is an inter-agency project with the participation of UNICEF,
The situation and dynamics at the border have exacerbated the risk of recruitment and use of adolescents and young people for illicit activities, which is accompanied by the involvement of adolescents and women for sexual exploitation and other forms of GBV. The cross-border scenario with low development rates and little presence of the State and international cooperation, added to the “incentives” offered by the link to the practice of illicit activities, exposes the population to greater risks in the face of the aforementioned challenges.
For its approach, and given the difficulty of having figures and a clear picture of the situation in the border area, the project will first focus on the analysis and identification of conflicts and risks and then generate protective environments that prevent and respond effectively. , as well as alternatives to children and adolescents (NNA) and young people that require options other than those related to violence and illegality.
The project includes the strengthening of vocational education programs and technical skills to enhance opportunities for social, educational and employment inclusion of adolescents, youth and women, as a strategy for the prevention of recruitment, sexual exploitation and GBV.
The project will also aim to promote transformations in the perceptions and practices of families, the community, civil society organizations, institutions, and of the same child, adolescent and youth population in the face of: i) the naturalization of violence and the involvement in illegal activities as a means of survival, ii) xenophobia and iii) gender inequality.
Likewise, the project will strengthen, within the framework of existing binational cooperation, the public institutions of Colombia and Ecuador to expand and adapt the identification, registration, and documentation services of the population; and will support the binational strategy of identifying double registration cases. All of the above, as key and enabling tools for the full exercise of rights and access to social protection services.
It is required to have a professional who is in charge of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) of the project in Ecuador in articulation of the implementing agencies in the country (UNHCR -UNICEF – UN WOMEN).
2. Purpose (s) of the contract
Have a professional who can guarantee the monitoring and evaluation of the Project “Strengthening of institutional capacities for the protection of children, adolescents and youth of the Colombia-Ecuador border area, affected by violence and armed conflict” complying with the PBF and corporate requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, UN Women, based on the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works to eliminate discrimination against women and girls; for the empowerment of women, and for achieving equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, for human rights, in humanitarian actions, in peace and security. By placing women’s rights as the central axis of their work, UN Women leads and coordinates the efforts of the United Nations System to ensure that commitments to gender equality and transversality are translated into actions throughout the world. At the same time,
The five areas of work are:
- Global standards and standards for women’s human rights.
- Governance and leadership of women
- Economic empowerment of women
- Eliminate violence against women and girls.
- Peace, security and humanitarian aid
The M & E professional will be in charge of the following activities:
- Develop monitoring actions and reporting processes.
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation system of the project, including the pertinent methodological instruments for the follow-up of the management, the measurement of the results and impacts obtained from the beginning of its implementation and the rendering of accounts of them.
- Perform the collection of inputs of progress, challenges and lessons with the focal points of the participating agencies.
- Based on the requirements and formats of the PBF and the information collected, make the progress reports for binational coordination, the lead agency and other requested reports.
- Give substantive support to quality control and monitoring of implementation and execution of the project and the component of each agency to ensure compliance with the schedule and goals established by the project.
- Regularly verify and inform the National Project Coordinator and the lead agency about the consistency between the substantive implementation, the operation, the indicator system and financial management.
Support the management of evaluation processes
- In coordination with the lead agency, ensure quality and compliance with the internal and external evaluation processes required and other functions required in the evaluation area.
- Lead periodic workshops with the relevant focal points of the internal evaluation agencies of the project status.
- Support in the provision of data and information
- Support the survey and preparation of the baseline of the Project in coordination with the M & E focal points of the Agencies.
- Support the functions, collection and analysis of information and data for the coordination, the lead agency, the PBF and other requests.
- Provide support to project coordination and management
- Support the national coordination and the lead agency in project management.
- Support in the management of relationships and national and territorial links that are necessary for the project.
- Contribute to the supervision and coordination of work to ensure that the results of the project coincide with the project document (s), the logical framework and the scope indicators.
- Participate in teleconferences and meetings with the binational and national support team of the agencies involved in the execution of the project and in the other meetings required by the lead agency.
- Contribute to ensure the implementation and correct application of the project visibility policy.
The monitoring and evaluation partner will be under the strategic and programmatic supervision of the National Coordination and in coordination with the Binational. In addition to UN WOMEN.
6. Required Profile
Only applications of people with Ecuadorian nationality or with a valid permit to work in Ecuador will be considered (work visa to reside and work in Ecuador during the contract period). This document must be included in the application, if the scanned document included in the application is not present, it will be REJECTED.
- Professional in: political sciences, gender studies, economics, administration, social and related areas.
- Postgraduate studies in monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum (5) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of development and / or humanitarian projects. Work experience will be valued in the border area and in international organizations.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of gender and human rights approaches.
- Verifiable knowledge in Results Based Management.
- Knowledge in software packages of office (Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced level of knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in managing systems based on web platforms.
- The general knowledge of the binational cooperation framework existing between the government of Colombia and the government of Ecuador and of the situation, actors and dynamics of the northern border will be valued.
Spanish and English spoken and written.
- Awareness and sensitivity with respect to gender issues
- Creative problem solving
- Effective communication
- Inclusive collaboration
- Commitment with Counterparts
- Leadership and example.