Application closing date: 1 July 2019
Based on the United Nations Development Assistance Framework for Tajikistan as a strategic programme framework for the period 2016-2020, the United Nations system supports the Government in addressing the national priorities outlined in the National Development Strategy 2030 and aligned with the Agenda 2030.
There are six UNDAF Outcomes: 1) Good Governance, Rule of Law and Human Rights, 2) Sustainable and equitable economic development, 3) Social development 4) Nutrition and Food Security 5) Inclusion and Empowerment of vulnerable groups and 6) Resilience and environmental sustainability. To facilitate UNDAF implementation 8 Result Groups (RGs) were established. RGs are Chaired and Co-Chaired by UN agencies and Government ministries and agencies for ensuring coordination and accountability under the UNDAF framework.
UN Inter-Agency UNDAF Coordination and M&E Working Group was established to ensure alignment and consistency in planning, reporting and monitoring of the UNDAF Results Groups as well as guidance under the overall leadership of the UNCT. It also supports the work of the Joint UN/Government Steering Committee (JSC) in ensuring timely preparation of UNDAF Joint Work Plans and Annual reports.
In mid of 2018, UNCT together with the Government initiated a rapid UNDAF mid-term review to assess progress in the implementation of UNDAF, relevance to current national context and global commitments of the country, effectiveness of UNDAF management arrangements and status of UNDAF budget. The review examined results achieved so far, examined challenges and opportunities and recommended way forward, including on strengthening the UNDAF Results Groups, its M&E framework, and results reporting with least transaction cost.
Year 2018 was the 3rd year which is the midpoint of UNDAF implementation and with its closure UNDAF Result Groups need to produce Annual progress report against the expected outcomes, outputs and indicators.
The Report will focus on the extent to which planned outputs have been achieved, and their contribution to UNDAF outcomes. It will provide compelling stories about the tangible changes in the lives of people in Tajikistan as a result of UN development cooperation. . Driven by evidence, UN interventions results need to be substantiated by progress in indicators made cumulatively from the beginning of UNDAF 2016 until 2018. It would require tracking the progress of indicators in UNDAF RRF.
Special emphasis will be placed on illustrating UN Agencies added value and specific contribution to the success of set targets and results achieved within 3 years of UNDAF implementation (2016-2018), including the collaboration and partnership with line ministries and agencies, donors, civil society and beneficiaries. The results should reflect Outcome level interventions, both completed and/or ongoing towards successful and effective completion of UNDAF. UNDAF Reporting Consultant will streamline and collate the inputs and produce the brief annual progress report while RCO and all UNDAF Result Groups will provide their contributions/inputs to the formulation of the report.
Duties and Responsibilities
THE SCOPE OF WORK
The Individual Reporting Consultant (IC) will work under the direct supervision of and report to UNDAF Coordination and M&E Group Chair and Resident Coordinator Office.
The Individual Consultant will be responsible to:
- Develop a simplified format of annual report with innovative approach to data performance for UNCT approval;
- Develop and present an approach/methodology to preparation of the report based on the desk review of UN Tajikistan documents/reports 2016-2018 and to ensure sufficient input with factual information and data from the participating agencies.
- Ensure preparation of brief report including human/success stories, including photos and pictures, in close collaboration with RCO, UN Communication Group, and based on the Result Groups inputs on major results achieved under each outcome by 2018 in alignment with national priorities and SDG Agenda;
- Streamline and collate inputs, by integrating all comments from UNDAF Result Groups into a final report in line with the agreed reporting format (with the infographics, charts and visuals on budget, resource mobilization, communication/advocacy, lessons learned and way forward) adhering corporate report structure and branding standards for language, format and presentation. This report should enable UNCT and the
- Government to jointly review the progress of UNDAF implementation in 2018;
- The consultant will develop ideas for graphics and charts that creatively convey key messages/data in the report, as well as write captions for the photos in the publication (the graphic designer support is optional)
- Produce a short (8-page narrative part) final report with the executive summary, foreword as well as visually memorable and appealing result-oriented summary/highlights that will be presented at the Joint Steering
- Committee in June 2019; A report structure is given in annex 1.
- The consultant will also proof read the texts as they are laid out by the designer.
- For detailed information, please refer to Annex 1- Terms of Reference of the below link.
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s degree in Economics, Social Science, Public and/or Business Administration, Management and other related fields.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in writing analytical, annual, multi-donor reports is required;
- Knowledge on the global development agenda, including the Sustainable Development Goals, as well as on the national development priorities, contexts and needs of Tajikistan;
- Knowledge of Human rights-based approach to Programming, LNOB principle, Gender, Participatory process and RBM
- Understanding of the principles of the UN activities and UNDAF (welcomed)
- Experience in UNDAF reporting including gender responsive reporting;
- Good computer skills and ability to work with graphs, charts etc.
- Experience in preparation of annual, multi-donor reports with UN Agencies, Donors and International Organizations.
Fluent in English language. Knowledge of Russian is an asset.