Policy and Programme Analyst – Climate Change – UNDP – Bishkek
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of programme strategies and completion of management milestones focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP and other documents.
- Identification of areas for support and advice on interventions within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned.
- Carrying out objective and independent project oversight and monitoring functions.
- Monitoring of implementation and completion appropriate management milestones.
- Visit projects’ sites and review projects’ narrative and financial reports.Provide quality assurance functional support to Project Board, if applicable.
Ensures effective management of the CO programme within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned focusing on quality assurance from formulation to implementation of the country programme achieving the following results:
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets (BSC) and monitoring achievement of results.
- Design and formulation of CO programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions. Coordination of programme implementation with the executing agencies. Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, cost recovery, targets and milestones.
- Initiation of a project, presentation of the project to PAC, entering project into Atlas ( in small offices), finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review. Programme Analyst performs functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for POs and vouchers approval, participates in recruitment processes for projects.
- Makes thorough analyses of submitted narrative and monitoring reports from programmes/projects implementation units, and, as a result, reports to DRR on any deviations in implementation of the projects from original strategies and share those observations with programmes/projects implementation units.
- Substantive financial and programme monitoring and evaluation of the projects, including in ATLAS, development and recommendation of solutions. Participation in audit of NEX projects.
- Design and formulation of CO programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions. Coordination of programme implementation with the executing agencies. Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, , targets and milestones.
- Draft communication messages and success stories in close coordination with Communication Unit to advocate UNDP’s mandate among wider audience.
- Initiation of a project, presentation of the project to PAC, finalization of contribution agreement, close of projects through review.
- Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
- Aggregate reports are regularly prepared on activities, outputs and outcomes. Preparation of donors’ reports.
- Evaluation of the programme impact. Monitoring and analysis of the programme environment, timely readjustments in portfolio.
Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy in cooperation with the Programmes/projects’ implementation units focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
- Ensure pipeline management for respective thematic/sectoral areas.
Ensures provision of top quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
Gender mainstreaming in the climate change and disaster risk management thematic areas
- In close cooperation with Gender Focal point conduction of analysis of gender requirements for the programme
- Ensuring integration of gender activities into projects based on the analysis made to promote women empowerment
- Ensuring funds availability for gender components of each project
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- Gender certification is an asset
- At least 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Russian,
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset
Closing date for applications 20 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com