Procurement and Supply Management Specialist – UNDP – Bujumbura
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the monitoring and reporting of PSM related activities
- Ensure adequate quantification process and results at different level of the distribution chain as well as national quantification of all grant related health products
- Ensure adequate forecasting
- Monitor management grant related commodities distribution through the national supply chain
- Supervises all activities related to stock management at the central, regional and health facilities levels
- Work in close collaboration with local counterpart on supply chain strengthening as per budgeted activities under GFATM grant
- Ensure quality assurance of grant related health commodities throughout the supply chain
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the local PSM unit staff.
- Serve as focal point the GFATM and LFA team’s inquiries and in-country visits for PSM related issues.
- Ensure the procurement of GFATM grant related health commodities in close collaboration with UNICEF supply division by:
- Support local counterpart in the development, implementation and monitoring of the procurement and distribution plans.
- Ensuring the implementation of Quality control procedures as per GFATM grant requirements
- Serving as PSM advisor for the UNDP country office team, for SR) and government counterpart
Support supply chain strengthening, as follows:
- In close collaboration with government counterpart ensure the necessary strengthening of the supply chain for grant related commodities: Inventory management practices; Management information system (including SOP and necessary tools); distribution logistics; report on consumption and commodity management indicators.
- Identify ways for improvement of current national supply chain for GFATM grant related commodity -Ensure coordination of all PSM related activities with overall grant activities -Work in close collaboration with GFATM team to ensure coherence in the grant implementation -Coordinate PSM activities with local counterpart.
- Elaboration and implementation of operational strategies;
- Efficient management of procurement processes across whole supply chain;
- Elaboration and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing among national partners;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
- Building and promoting effective teams;
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication.
Ensures effective elaboration and implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations and policies and strategies, elaboration of the effective internal control, establishment of targets and monitoring of achievement of results.
- Develop a strategy for appropriate integration of UNDP/GF procurement practices with those of other UN Agencies and towards strengthening Governmental/Ministry of Health capacity and provide support and guidance to all stakeholders in procurement at all stages of the procurement cycle.
- Develop and/or review procurement tools, processes and systems for the planning, management and monitoring of procurement activities.
- Develop systems and tools, and training materials of procurement to train the Ministry of Health and other involved partners.
- Ensures GF procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit and harmonization of the workflows in the office.
- Address potential procurement activity problems and bottlenecks and recommend appropriate strategies to address them.
- Demonstrates capacity to plan and organize ones work effectively, including support to design, planning and implementation of projects, management of data and reporting;
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking, including a sound understanding of the framework of UNDP’s cooperation with the GFATM;
- Focuses on impact and results for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, initiative and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development;
- Ensures that inclusive approach is reflected within all procurement actions and implementations
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office.
Ensures effective management of procurement processes, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Ensures timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the different GF grants, establishment of deadlines and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contracts, Assets and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Prepare procurement related documents including purchase orders, contracts, SR agreements;
- Oversee adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and contract extensions and advise concerned parties with respect to contractual rights/obligations.
- Manage and implementation of the procurement activities in accordance with the work plans, timely identification of delays, provide solutions and catch-up plans.
- Prepare Value for Money (VFM) submissions for contracting of SR.
- Manage and monitor Sub Recipient agreements, provide feedback on procurement and asset management activities ensuring.
- Ensure the integration of the gender in the implementation and reporting of activities;
- Manage logistical aspects of procurement, including selection of the most appropriate mode of transport, definition of appropriate incoterms, preparation of documentation to ensure a fast clearance process on arrival in country and communication with the freight forwarder agent.
- Evaluate and record suppliers’ performance.
- Manage Atlas tools, including creation of vendors, creation of POs, receipts of supplies and payments to suppliers.
Ensures elaboration and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Conceptualize, elaborate and implement a client-orientated procurement management system including tender processing and evaluation, e-procurement, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, contract and contractor management, legal considerations and payment conditions and, risk assessment.
- Register, control and track the quality of the PMU-GF goods and products received.
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external clients, including the Global Fund and the UN family of agencies;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change;
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of procurement, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Represent the PMU-GF Procurement Unit in negotiations, meetings and review of procurement and contractual processes, assisting various units in the preparation or revision of offers.
- Support capacity assessment and development of procurement functions of CAMEBU and other national counterparts as part of wider capacity development plans to strengthen procurement procedures.
- Ensure Sub Recipients are well advised on procurement issues at proposal development stage, to ensures procurement plans are adequately scheduled, budgeted and comply with contracts.
- Identify and formulate lessons learned and document best practices from evaluations and studies to be integrated into project reports.
- Provide training for PMU-GF staff on procurement, ATLAS and CAP members on Procurement rules and regulations.
- Maintain cooperative relationship with all key stakeholders, national authorities and international interlocutors.
- Sound contributions to procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Support capacity development of national procurement processes and procedures to facilitate possible transition of the PR role to the national counterparts.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, pharmacy, Health logistic medicine or any development-related field of study an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience, which includes at least 3 years of international experience in pharmaceutical and medical procurement and supply management, preferably in developing countries;
- Certification on PSM online training (procurement of pharmaceuticals) an asset;
- Prior procurement experience in the frame work of Global Fund grants a further asset;
- Solid experience in the management of people and systems in high-pressure environments;
- Strong IT skills;
- Experience of UN or UNDP procurement policies and procedures highly desirable.
- Experience of GFTAM policies for pharmaceutical and medical supplies procurement procedures highly desirable
- Experience in forecasting and quantification for GFTAM grants in developing countries
- Experience in health Supply chain strengthening in developing countries
- Solid experience in the management of people and systems in high-pressure environments;
- Experience of UN or/and UNDP procurement policies and procedures and asset; etc
- Experience and knowledge of ATLAS.
- Fluency in French, both written and oral is required.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral is desirable.
Closing date for applications 27 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com