Research and Communications Intern – UNDP
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide research, writing and editing support on issues related to inclusive business and impact investing;
- Support publishing knowledge stories/best practices;
- Assist the organization of conferences, forums or other collaborative events
- Contribute to designing and implementation of initiatives, projects or programmes;
- Provide administrative support on an as-needed basis;
- Prepare relevant communications materials (speeches, brochures, success stories, social media materials etc.);
- Collaborate on the development and execution of online content (images, infographics, videos, blogs etc.) and campaigns delivered across various social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience
- Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements: a) be enrolled in a second university degree programme (Master Degree); b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (Bachelor Degree); or c) have graduated with a university degree in in fields such as international relations, business, law, development, public administration or similar and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Solid experience in academic writing, research and analysis;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Experience on the role of private sector in development is an asset;
- Knowledge of impact investing is an asset;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs;
- Previous experience on project designing and implementation is an asset;
- Social media account management and content development skills are desirable.
- Strong spoken and written English is required;
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Closing date for applications 29 May 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com