Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst – UNFPA – Conakry, Guinea
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You will play a vital role in the implementation of the country program, providing technical support and quality advice on programming and monitoring and evaluation; while ensuring strong knowledge management and capacity building within the country office and the broader network of national partners.
You will build close relationships with the program team, as well as consultants, advisors and experts, and you will develop collaborative relationships with your government counterparts, multilateral and bilateral donor agencies and civil society to address follow-up issues. and program evaluation. You will effectively influence your counterparts from diverse backgrounds to contribute to the fulfillment of UNFPA’s mandate. You will have strategic oversight of the country office’s monitoring and evaluation activities, with the responsibility of contributing in a concrete and effective way to strengthening a results-based programming and management culture.
Technical Support and Programming
- Participate in the design, development of methodology and planning of situation analysis, monitoring of implementation and evaluation of the country program, as well as all relevant research related thereto;
- Promote new methodologies and tools for data collection, monitoring / evaluation of interventions, projects and programs;
- Contribute to the collection of data needed to update and monitor the implementation of the Office Management Plan (Strategic Information System) and the preparation of the Office Annual Report (COAR);
- Contribute to the database feed of the entire UNFPA assistance program in Guinea and other UNFPA units;
- Contribute to the preparation, organization, and participation in the statutory meetings of the Program (quarterly, annual) and coordinate the follow-up of the implementation of the recommendations emanating from these statutory meetings;
- Organizing and conducting thematic and country program evaluations in line with the country program evaluation plan;
- Coordinate the monitoring of the implementation of recommendations emanating from activity reports, mission reports, and audit reports;
- Participate in field visits and evaluation missions and prepare contributions to status reports on interventions and projects; analyze factors affecting the achievement of results, and recommend corrective actions and follow up on these recommendations;
- Facilitate the follow-up by other Program Managers, the Work Plans under their responsibility (make available mapped data on the implementation of the program in the areas of intervention, make available updated information on national consultants, stakeholders in the population domain);
- Analyze and evaluate the data to ensure quality and achievement of objectives and recommend corrective actions where appropriate;
- Be aware of relevant surveys and evaluation reports and inform the country office of the relevance of these reports for UNFPA programs;
- Ensure that statistics generated by UNFPA are available on an ongoing basis to enable appropriate tracking of progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals, among others;
- Encourage the improvement and harmonization of the content of the monitoring / evaluation tools;
- Promote the use of tools and monitoring and evaluation approaches with implementing agents, (government structures, NGOs, etc.) partners of the program;
- Work with colleagues in the program team to develop project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles and participate in donor meetings and public information events proposed by management;
- Be available for any other administrative or program task at the request of the supervisor.
Training and Knowledge Management
- Ensure the creation and documentation of knowledge on current and emerging trends in population development, sexual and reproductive health, youth and gender equality, through analysis of programs, projects, strategies, approaches, experiences and best practices;
- Assist the country office in researching and identifying information to launch evidence-based advocacy and policy dialogue with the relevant Guinean authorities, and advance the country program;
Capacity Development in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Promote participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation by training and involving partner organizations in monitoring and evaluating activities;
- Participate in the United Nations Monitoring and Evaluation Working Group (GISE) and other relevant inter-agency data / statistics groups, maintain strong working relationships and regularly exchange information with United Nations partners ;
- Identify training needs for capacity building in monitoring and evaluation both internally at the country office and externally with implementing partners and guide the planning and organization of monitoring and evaluation training programs;
- Keep abreast of evolving M & E communities of practice and maintain close collaboration with the regional M & E advisor;
- Represent UNFPA in working groups and working groups on data and contribute substantially to maintaining UNFPA’s leadership in the provision of demographic data for development;
- Coordinate and coach all relevant country office units for the timely quarterly submission of information from the Strategic Information System (SIS) platform online, as well as the annual submission of the country office annual report;
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Have a higher degree (Master or more) in Mathematics, Statistics, Health Economics, Social Sciences, Demography, Public Health, or any other related field.
Qualifications and Experience
- Have at least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in Program / Population Monitoring and Evaluation, particularly in a field related to maternal health, adolescent / youth reproductive health issues, or equality / gender equity;
- Have the ability to train on Monitoring and Evaluation and Results Based Management (RBM);
- Have a good capacity for analysis, synthesis and strategic planning;
- Ability to communicate and negotiate
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and be able to work in a team and under pressure;
- Excellent knowledge of French and knowledge of English would be an asset