Programme Analyst – Adolescents and Youth – UNFPA – Ulaanbaatar
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Government counterparts, NGOs and other partners, contributing to the design and implementation of the country programme and its component projects, aligning with Government priorities and UNFPA programme policies and procedures.
- Ensuring appropriate monitoring and oversight mechanisms and systems are established and implemented.
- Analysing and interpreting the political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA activities, and identifying opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention.
- Analysing policy papers, strategy documents, national development plans and research findings; preparing briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
- Assessing implications of new policy developments and strategies on programme execution, and ensuring their integration.
- Establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of project inputs.
- Assisting in implementing knowledge management strategies to capture lessons learned and best practices, sharing these with management for future planning supporting training needs of project personnel
- Supporting the advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the CO, by ensuring preparation of relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in related meetings and public events.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA senior management team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in health, population, demography and/or other related social science discipline.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of two years professional experience in the field of development and population activities, with experience in programme/ project management
- Practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
- Experience working in the area of health, youth empowerment and participation and strong knowledge of the Mongolia’s socio-cultural, political and economic conditions is required;
- Experience working in collaboration with the United Nations, government and development partners, civil society organizations and private sector is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Mongolian languages.
Closing date for applications 28 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com