National Project Coordinator – HPMP Projects – UNIDO
Under the overall coordination of the UNIDO Project Manager at HQ and the Head of Philippines Ozone Desk POD at the Department of Environment & Natural Resources DENR, the National Expert is required to assist DENR and UNIDO in the implementation of the project activities of the MLF- funded project Philippines Stage II HCFC Phase-out Management Plan.
The National Expert will be located at UNIDOs Country Office and will be supporting the planning and coordinating the execution of all necessary project activities:
Overall planning & coordination
- Prepare and monitor the execution of the project work plan and provide substantial guidance on execution of project activities.
- All activities should always be organized in coordination with UNIDO Project Manager and NOU.
- Identify and coordinate all possible involvement of stakeholders at national level.
- This includes the public sector, specifically relevant ministries and legislators and the NOU. This also includes the private industry sector, NGOs, associations etc.
- Overview and support the recruitment as well as the tasks of national/international consultants and/or consultancy firm in the preparation of the different reports activities.
- Update the related project implantation plan in close coordination with UNIDO Project Manager and NOU.
Awareness raising & dissemination
- Plan and manage awareness raising activities to broad range of stakeholders.
- In close collaboration with UNIDO Project Manager and NOU, plan and manage continuous dissemination of project achievements and lessons learned to all stakeholders.
Synergies with other projects
- Identify relevant projects or international agreements that are implemented in the country and liaise with involved parties to create potential synergies and combine activities for the project.
- Prepare regular updates to UNIDO Project Manager and NOU on the status of the project activities, informing on progresses/delays and propose adjustments/amendments of the work plan accordingly.
- Handle ad-hoc requests initiated by UNIDO Project Manager and NOU and ensure their successful implementation.
- Advanced university degree in engineering, environmental science, or other relevant discipline.
- English – Fluent
Field of Expertise
- Minimum 5 years of experience in science, environment, or engineering;
- Previous knowledge in coordinating technical assistance projects;
- Knowledge of the Montreal Protocol and its Multilateral Fund mechanism is highly desirable;
- Proven knowledge of project mechanisms under MoE of Philippines is an asset;
- Familiarity with UNIDO procedures is an asset.