Senior Logistics Assistant – UNIDO – Ethiopia
Under the administrative supervision of the UNIDO Project Coordination Specialist and the National Project Coordinator and overall guidance of the UNIDO Project Manager (PM), the Senior Logistics Assistant will perform a range of tasks and will be responsible for handling logistics, procurement, and inventory related activities of UNIDOs MISALE Driver Training Academy Project that is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The main duties and responsibilities for the Senior Logistics Assistant shall be as follows:
- Ensure close communication between the project and RO regarding financial and administrative matters
- Undertake administrative duties including, but not limited to: preparation of fund of the project, follow-up on payments and settlement; handle petty cash request, purchases, replenishment and settlement; manage payment of DSAs and settlement, Straight expenditures, and minor bank transfers.
- Follow up administrative matters of the project including assisting in the preparation of ToRs, reports, develop and maintain filing system (both electronic and hard copies) for administrative documentation that guarantees swift retrieval of requested documents
- Ensure the continuous provision of supplies and materials to the project coordination office in accordance with UNIDO procurement policies and procedures
- Handle overall shipment logistics management including review, verification and reconciliation of shipping documents and related activities
- Ensure timely delivery of procurement orders; follow up on obtaining duty-free permits, undertake the necessary follow up with the concerned UNDP office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as customs clearing agents to ensure the clearing and timely delivery of the imported goods.
- Supervise incoming shipment to ensure that they are intact and accurate. Ensure all purchased items are received in accordance with PO and specifications, and that all goods are in good condition, provide certificate of acceptance/ Goods receiving note for admin and finance unit at the HQ for timely payment
- Manage asset administration storage of recurrent supplies and materials following UNIDO standard processes
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate inventories for fixed assets and supplies
- Ensure office utility payments are processed and paid timely
- In close coordination with the National Project coordinator (NPC) and admin and finance assistant, conduct coordination of school and project vehicles and drivers, follow-up vehicle logs such as mileage and fuel consumption, insurance payment, vehicle maintenance and identify vehicle needs and preparing regular reports as well as timely reporting with UNIDO RO. Driving vehicles when needed.
- Handles all logistical coordination for project trainings/workshops and events including proper planning and documentation, invitations, refreshment, room rental, printing, etc
- Handles email, mail and phone general enquiries and requests for information and materials. Assist with office mailing and provide support assistance
- Travel to regions for assigned HQ, RO and project missions, including organizing and accompanying the project staff on missions to local communities and government offices and provide translation and facilitation of the meetings and consultations.
- Provide logistics support for HQ and RO events such as international workshops, assist with protocol for high ranking stakeholder delegates
- When delegated, manage the PROJECT office in the absence of the National Project Coordinator, NPC.
- Coordinate with local partners regarding logistics matters and facilitate timely delivery of reports
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by UNIDO Project Manager
- Completed secondary education.
- High school diploma required.
- Credit towards total working experience may be considered on a year by-year- basis, up to maximum of four years, for a first university degree or equivalent diploma, in a field relevant to the post.
- Fluency in oral/written English.
- Fluency in oral/written Amharic.
Field of Expertise
- Minimum 10 years experience in the field operations and logistics.
- Thorough understanding of office procedures and practices, preferably within the UN system or in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in project administration providing support to managerial/professional staff and using administrative skills to assist in the execution of project and programme development and implementation of work.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), internet.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications especially the Microsoft suite of programs.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP software is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment.