Application closing date: 15 October 2018
The Democratic Republic of Congo
The UNOPS office in the Democratic Republic of Congo covers the Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Republic of Congo, Burundi, Angola.
The office is constantly working to expand its activities to support its partners in the implementation of their development programs and projects. Based in the DRC since 1999, the office has diversified and strengthened its areas of expertise, contributing actively to sustainable development efforts in the field. It has extensive expertise that covers the rehabilitation and construction of basic infrastructure (social and administrative services), roads and bridges, and the purchase of goods and services, as well as providing management and other services. project support.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer and the technical supervision of the ICT Officer, the Information and Communication Technologies Assistant will have the following tasks:
1. Support the implementation of information and communication technology management systems and strategies:
- Ensure compliance with information management and communication standards, guidelines and procedures for the Office’s technology environment;
- Contribute to the results-based unit work plan.
2. Ensure the proper functioning of office hardware and software:
- Perform routine technical tasks, including changing hardware electronics (disks, memory, network cabling, power supplies, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Support the installation of software developed in-house and ensure related upgrades;
- Support users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in detecting, removing and preventing viruses.
3. Take charge of network administration:
- Respond to user needs and network access issues;
- Assist in backup and restore procedures for local drives;
- Maintain backup logs and assist in offsite storage of backups.
4. Provide administrative support
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware
- Maintain a library of ICT reference materials;
- Maintain stock inventory of supplies and spare parts;
- Provide ICT support for key events;
- Maintain the files of the unit and the Bureau;
- Prepare routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with the regulations of the Bureau;
- Extract, enter, copy and archive data from various sources.
5. Ensure facilitation and knowledge sharing in the office:
- Participate and assist in organizing the training of office staff on ICT issues.
- Perform proactive maintenance on the telecommunications system to avoid any interruption of service;
- Perform minor repairs on equipment as needed;
- Receive, test and install any telecommunication equipment.
- High school diploma is required;
- A BAC + 5 degree or a BAC + 5 degree in computer science is an asset.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field of information technology and / or telecommunications and systems is required,
- Applicants with a degree or diploma in Information Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field must have at least 2 years of experience in the field
- Have a working knowledge of hardware and software: Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2010, Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012, Windows 7, Office 2010,
- Familiarity with the UNOPS / UNDP / UNFPA People Soft configuration is desirable.
- Have experience in database management, web application platforms and in ICT training.
Excellent knowledge of French is required. Intermediate level in English is required