Interested in this profile? Speak directly to UNOPS at our upcoming online event – Women in Tech
Please note: this is a generic job description for a vacancy regularly open during the year but not currently.
Job categories: IT
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-1
Background Information – Job-specific
Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) / Enterprise Application Centre-Aisa (EAC-Asia)
In 2014 EAC-Asia was established to serve as Asia-Pacific hub to build enterprise applications for the United Nations Secretariat. The personnel being located in New York, Valencia and Bangkok, EAC-Asia oversees the development and maintenance of enterprise applications such as iNeed Customer Relationship Management system (iNeed), Electronic Fuel Management System 2 (eFMS-2), Electronic Contingency-Owned Equipment (eCOE), and Electronic Rations Management System (eRMS) among others.
Core enterprise application solutions have been built upon Siebel CRM public sector, Oracle-based identity management systems, JEE Spring Framework, PeopleSoft, SAP and Android/iPhone mobile platforms.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Secretariat and located in the United Nations Enterprise Application Centre- Asia (EAC – Asia). The incumbent of this position will be a consultant of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
The incumbent gathers user requirements, prepares relevant documentation, manage, analyze, and execute SAP Material Management (MM) module maintenance and support plan, deployment, training, quality assurance and other related activities.
With the direction of a senior project manager the incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties:
- Gather business requirements from clients and updates the business blue prints
- Prepare main process scenario conceptualization, customization, and testing
- Plan and perform data migration using LSMWs
- Manage incidents, problems, and other requests for satisfactory resolution within the standard KPIs
- Improve quality assurance activities and management while keeping the tight deadlines
- Communicate with the business community with high level of client orientation and presentation skills
- Prepare end users training manuals and conduct training sessions
- Perform other duties as required
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Timely resolution of issues with high rate of business clients’ satisfaction
- On time delivery of high-quality software with less defects introduced in the production environment
- Timely delivery of properly configured modules aligned with the specifications, quality, and deadlines
- Provision and updates of quality assurance standard operating manual
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, mathematics, economy, business administration or related field is required.
- A relevant Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in any of the following areas: information systems analysis, programming, quality assurance, deployment or maintenance is required for the holder of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields. A Master’s degree may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in SAP material management module implementation, maintenance, deployment, quality assurance, or support is required. Additional experience in SAP finance/control are highly desirable.
- Functional knowledge in at least 4 of the following technologies is highly desirable: SAP Financial Accounting (FI), SAP CO (Control), SAP Human Capital Management (HCM), SAP SD (Sales and Distribution), SAP Employee Self-Service (ESS), SAP Manager Self-Service (MSS), LSMW, SAP Query, SAP Quick Viewer, ABAP
- Knowledge of Linux, UN application architecture, or integration with Siebel and other standard platforms is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
Integrity and inclusion: Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Leading Self and Others: Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Partnering: Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Result orientation: Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Agility: Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Solution Focused: Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Effective Communication: Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
- Contract type: International Individual Contractor Agreement (IICA)
- Contract level: IICA 1
- Contract duration:Open-ended