Driver/Messenger – UNOPS – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs for the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensures prompt and accurate delivery of mails to all UN agencies, multilateral, bilateral, embassies and consular, government and non-governmental agencies/organizations operating from Addis Ababa. Delivers documents to the courier companies and other locations as required.
- Takes care of office documents for protocol clearance, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other government agencies, Embassies and other international organizations operating from Addis Ababa. Also collects all documents destined to UNOPS ETOH office.
- Assists on clerical work in the office when not performing messenger and driving functions. Specifically, S/he binds documents destined to the UNOPS ETOH office and other partners, and ensures that documents for filing are well arranged for easy tracking by the Support Service / Operation Staff.
- He/She performs any other functions as determined by the Supervisor and Head of Support Services in Addis Ababa.
- Expedite functions related to staff visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Secondary Education.
- Valid Driver’s license with minimum 3rd grade level.
- 4 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Knowledge of the UN will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English language
Closing date for applications 27 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com