Finance & Administration Senior Officer – UNOPS
As a member of the S3i team, provides support to operations focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of operations with UNOPS rules, regulations and policies, implementation of corporate operational strategies, supports the establishment of management targets and monitoring of achievement of results.
- Knowledge building and sharing with regards to management and operations in the S3i Office, synthesis of lessons learnt/best practices, and sound contributions to UNOPS knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Monitoring and analysis of the operating environment, timely readjustment and improvements of the operations.
Supports effective and accurate financial resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures financial systems and controls are in place within the office; responds to inquiries related to accounting and finance;
- Monitoring of budget expenditures and advice to supervisor on the budget status, ensuring that funds allocated are not exceeded or that additional funds are allocated when required; response to queries on financial and administrative matters.
- Support to the preparation of annual and/or independent audits;
Ensures administrative management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provides support to the Chief Executive and S3I Office team, including managing calendars, business travel arrangements, coordinating participation at conferences and meetings, reviewing and producing expense reports and other financial and administrative tasks;
- Workflow and scheduling: assistance in setting and managing priorities and work-flow. This includes but is not limited to handling schedules, independently resolving scheduling conflicts, providing multifaceted wide-ranging assistance, arranging meetings and ensuring all logistics (hospitality, conference rooms, audiovisual, video conferences, visitor passes, etc.) are completed in a timely manner;
- General office responsibilities, including ordering of supplies & equipment and liaising with property manager and others as necessary;
- Provides editorial assistance, specialized support for database management, task and event management, planning and logistics; provides research support and use relevant IT software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data; maintains accurate and efficient filing (paper and electronic);
- Ensures provision of professional services from vendors/suppliers in an efficient manner; assists in the procurement process to ensure compliance with UNOPS’ procurement policy and procedures;
- Acts as a focal point for all S3I Office events organized at the Helsinki office; receives visitors by greeting and directing them appropriately;
- Exercises judgment, tact and diplomacy in answering and/or redirecting inquiries to appropriate sources and dealing with sensitive matters;
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related areas; 2 additional years of relevant work experience, in combination with a relevant first level university (bachelor’s degree or equivalent), may substitute for the requirement of a master’s degree
- Holds at least three years of relevant experience in the accounting/finance/administration area.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel/Google sheets skills and experience with accounting systems.
- Solid analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Well organized and ability to synthesize and conceptualize complex ideas.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and collegially with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in interfacing with senior executives and developing a reputation as a trusted advisor.
- Anticipates problems and opportunities; with potential problems, surfaces contributing factors and resolves them before there is negative impact.
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse and senior teams.
- Exceptional quality standards and an ongoing desire to push for new approaches and insights.
- Able to establish priorities, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Experience in working with international organizations is highly desirable.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English.
- Working knowledge of French or Spanish would be an asset.
Closing date for applications 31 May 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com