GCP Infrastructure Specialist
Reporting to the ICT Infrastructure Team Lead, the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting the UNOPS cloud infrastructure in GCP. In addition, the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Infrastructure Specialist will also be transitioning existing UNOPS on-premises application workloads to GCP.
The GCP Infrastructure Specialist will perform the following functions:
Implement, manage and support UNOPS GCP Infrastructure
- Assist and advise on the design of UNOPS GCP infrastructure components based on information regarding the business context and standards stipulated by the ICT Architects, with the guidance of the ICT Infrastructure Team Lead.
- Implement and maintain all GCP infrastructure components, ensuring adherence to best-practice IT/Cyber security principles and approaches as well as guidelines and principles set forth by the ICT Architects.
- Implement automation through scripts or other artefacts to enable as much of a self-service environment as possible for the provisioning and management of infrastructure components required for development, test, and UAT environments of various kinds.
- Advise and implement the security for a multi-zone hosting infrastructure as a core part of the design and implementation.
- Provide support, troubleshooting assistance, implementation guidance and technical advice to ICT Focal Point colleagues in UNOPS offices globally as well as ICT technical teams.
Implement infrastructure components within ICT Infrastructure Projects
- Participate in global UNOPS ICT projects under the coordination and guidance of the ICT Infrastructure Team Lead and/or project manager.
- Provision infrastructure as required for the implementation of the project.
Manage and monitor UNOPS ICT Infrastructure (GCP and other)
- Setup and maintain software systems; proactively identify areas of system concerns which may impact system stability.
- Monitor UNOPS ICT infrastructure and systems to improve up-time, provide proactive resolution of potential issues, and timely response to any security and operational incidents.
- Monitor hosting facilities and server infrastructure to ensure systems functionality, security and availability.
- Perform regular software updates and patches to supported applications and various operating systems.
- Provide updates to management on problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding thresholds.
- Ensure optimal quality services by maintaining ownership of all reported problems until appropriate resolution is reached and communicated to the person reporting the problem.
- Manage, improve, document, test and implement systems and tools such as Single sign-on / oAuth / OpenID /SAML v2.0 federation
- Ensure full compliance with information, management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures of UNOPS.
- Ensure full documentation of systems, configuration and procedures to enhance knowledge-sharing/transfer within the team and throughout the ICT practice using established documentation repositories.
- Follow and evaluate emerging technologies, staying up-to-date with trends and the cyber security threat landscape, attend courses and seminars, share knowledge and experience with other ICT specialists. Evaluate systems and platforms, research best practices and contribute to ICT Service Team design solutions with a special focus on Google Cloud Platform
- Participate in meetings and exchange information and expertise on applications and tools with ICT staff from other UN agencies.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology Management, Mathematics or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with enterprise IT systems, preferably cloud native in nature.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience with:
- Cloud Native infrastructure with a deep understanding of containerization on Kubernetes orchestration.
- Mature understanding of concepts like “Infrastructure as code” using declarative configuration statements via GIT
Knowledge of the following is highly desired
- Google Cloud databases
- Google Cloud Build
- Google Container Registry
- Google Anthos on GKE on-prem
- Linux operating environments
- Scripting (Go, Node.js, Python)
- Knowledge on open source technologies such as Istio, Prometheus, Knative, Helm would be a distinct advantage
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Closing date for applications 07 June 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com