Procurement Analyst – UNOPS – Juba, South Sudan
Implements key aspects of operational procurement strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Implementation of, or support to, the different steps of the procurement processes, including Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
Provides technical support and guidance to procurement processes of the Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly prepared elements of procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation.
- Guidelines followed on embedding sustainability along the procurement process.
- Organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
- Preparation of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs).
- Monitoring of contractor performance and certification of completed work for compliance with contractual terms and payment.
- Advice, remedial actions, or solutions to Project Managers on procurement issues.
- Drafting of Long Term Agreements (LTAs) and/or service contracts and other instruments, when necessary, either through standard or emergency procurement procedures.
Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers.
- Utilization of-sourcing module in accordance with UNOPS Procurement Group’s goals and standards in this area.
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Procurement-related topics.
- Contribute to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources management.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Master Degree or equivalent preferably in Procurement, Finance, Public Administration, Economics, Law, Commerce or related field.
- A Bachelor degree in combination with two (2) years’ experience in Procurement, Finance, Public Administration, Economics, Law, Commerce or related field may be accepted in lieu of the Master degree.
- Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification is an advantage.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience required in procurement, supply chain management or administrative support services in the UN or other International Organisations is required
- Skills in procurement and contract management is required. (2 years of each)
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP/UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is an advantage
- Fluency in English is required i.e. Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Knowledge of Arabic language desired.
Closing date for applications 01 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com