Programme Management Advisor – UNOPS – Mali
Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, the Programme Management Advisor contributes to the development, management, and coordination of the Programme’s strategic activities, for leading the implementation of the Programme’s Gender & Diversity work plan, and for providing management backstopping support as required. Within this framework, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Strategic managementParticipate in the development, management, and coordination of the Programme strategic initiatives.
- Provide strategic support to the Senior Programme Manager and the management team on the programme implementation in conjunction with UN and National strategies.
- Provide the management team with advice on regional and national dynamics including on the strategies of UN entities and international stakeholders.
- Communicate and lead the implementation of strategic initiatives with project managers and heads of sections.
- Provide advice on local and regional political and security trends which might affect the delivery of the activities.
- Provide advice on the design and production of communications products in support of Programme initiatives.
- Draft various strategic reports and notes highlighting the contribution of the Programme to the mandate of the mission and to various initiatives of the Secretary General, the Department of Peace Operations, UNMAS, and UNOPS PSC.
- Quality AssuranceFacilitate the application of standard management processes within the Mali programme, including the management of reviews and progress updates, risk and issue management, and long-term planning in line with UNOPS PSC rules and regulations.
- Conduct internal reviews with staff and stakeholders to discuss programme implementation aimed at identifying strengths and areas for possible improvement.
- Promote continuous improvements in the way the Programme delivers through the execution of lessons learned exercises, development and implementation of standard operating procedures, facilitation of information exchange with other programmes, and by leading the reflection and review of processes aiming to optimize internal quality management of business processes.
- On behalf of the Senior Programme Manager, oversee progress toward the implementation of strategic, annual, and quarterly plans, and engage in risk mitigation when escalated by project managers.
- Integrating crosscutting issuesLead the design and implementation of the gender work plan in line with UN and UNMAS-UNOPS PSC Gender & Diversity strategies.
- Lead the design, implementation and reporting on Health, Safety, Security & Environment strategies.
- Provide section heads and project managers with strategic support on project management and efficient business practices.
- Reinforce the principles of capacity building and sustainability across the programme’s work, in all areas.
- On behalf of the Senior Programme Manager, periodically review the programme’s activities and operations, with focus on value for money and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the creation and oversight of a strategic communication strategy.
- Provide advice on Programme initiatives in the development and implementation of a resource mobilization strategy
- Management backstopping
- Manage stakeholder engagement at the request of the Senior Programme Manager.
- Act, if required, as Officer in Charge of the programme in the absence of the Senior Programme Manager.
- Other duties as required by the Senior Programme Manager.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) with 7 years of relevant experience;
- First level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) with 9 years of relevant experience
- Relevant work experience is defined as progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration, strategic planning, or related area.
- Within relevant experience at least five years’ experience working in an international organization is required;
- Within relevant experience at least two years’ experience in a senior management or advisory role is required;
- Experience in the promotion of gender parity and mainstreaming in a large organization is desired;
- Experience implementing strategic guidance on behalf of high-level officials is desired.
- Experience in Mine Action is desired.
- English and French are the working languages of the Programme in Mali.
- For this position, fluency in English (Read, Write and Speak) is required and basic level of French is desired.
Closing date for applications 09 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com