Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Reporting directly to the JICA V Deputy Project Manager, the QA/QC Engineer is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed QA/QC plans for new construction of the water facilities works in compliance to the Quality Management Strategy and Quality and Assurance Plan.
- Ensure the establishment of quality procedures including time limits for inspection, sampling and testing of water supply works and other QA/QC requirements.
- Oversee and manage quality assessment of materials through regular and rigid laboratory tests.
- Ensure specific quality standards are constantly met at all levels of construction projects.
- In consultation with the project staff, review technical specifications and recommend standard construction specifications for all items of the water supply works for their effective use in projects’ works.
- Review all standard test forms to be used during laboratory tests, QA testing schedules and procedures and evaluate results as appropriate.
- Review contractor practices and conventional methodologies and make recommendations where remedial action is required.
- Work with project engineers and design consultants for establishing procedures with time limits for the inspection, sampling and testing of works and all other QA/QC requirements.
- Conduct initial survey queries on sources to materials, ensuring quality and quantity is of economic value to the project.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Establishment of procedures with time limits for inspection, sampling and testing of works and all other QC/QA requirements.
- Implementation and monitoring of quality assessments.
- Monthly/weekly QA/QC report to the Project Manager on project QA/QC activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Certificate in a relevant field and/or a Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in construction work with emphasis on materials testing, quality control and assurance, laboratory testing and a firm understanding of requirements and specifications of testing and materials, especially as related to the construction of water supply facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in pre-stressing works and quality control, and experience in different classes of concrete mix-design, under different condition of construction procedures.
- Knowledge of procurement practices an advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/UNOPS rules and regulations highly advantageous.
Closing date for applications: 27 September 2019 (midnight Copenhagen time)
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com