Team Analyst – Multiple Positions – UNOPS – Geneva
Under the direct supervision of the Project Team Leader and with guidance from the Map Librarian, this position will work on the map collection of the League of Nations.
Perform multiple and complex archives-related tasks, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate the creation and maintenance of a physical location and inventory of archives materials.
- Support physical preservation assessments and perform basic preservation treatments of large format maps and other archives materials
- Support physical preparation of large format maps and archives materials for their digitization
- Perform archival processing activities by producing descriptive inventories, including the use of specific cataloguing processes for cartographic collections; prepare mark-up of inventories for electronic dissemination; and monitor adherence to description, database and preservation standards.
- Perform quality control of digitized materials, including verification of image quality and accuracy and undertake corrections as necessary.
- Perform other related duties, as required, including support of other project operations, up to as much as 50% of time.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in archives or library science, information science, or related area is required.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in archives, libraries, project management or related field.
- Experience with archives digitization projects will be an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English or French and working knowledge of the other is required.
Closing date for applications 20 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com