Associate Finance and Budget Officer
- Prepare cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of office resource requirements such as staff and non-staff requirements, including programmatic aspects; reviews, analyses and revises data with respect to the finalization of the budget proposals.
- Provide support to programme officers with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Administer the allotments in accordance with the established procedures including redeployment/reallocation of funds.
- Administer and monitor extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
- Monitor budget implementation and determine/recommend reallocation of funds when necessary.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized/approved levels.
- Review all requisitions generated by the Umoja system for goods and services to ensure correct objects of expenditure have been charged and confirm availability of funds.
- Prepare relevant documentation with respect to budget performance submissions.
- Review and make appropriate recommendations with respect to the finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Provide substantive support to intergovernmental and legislative bodies.
- Act as certifying officer, certifying the availability of adequate funds, under Financial Rule 105.5 in adherence with the UN Regulations and Rules
- Assist in the preparation of the Science Division project budgets and reports:
- Assist in the coordination of project implementation of the Science Division Programme
- Monitor expenditures on a timely basis, ensuring that they are within the approved budget
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports to be submitted to donors.
- Assists staff members, Fund Management Officers and donors regarding queries on payment and deposit-related issues.
- Keep up to date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme, ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures.
- Provide data for the preparation of bids, purchase orders, consultant contracts and commercial contracts, as relevant.
- Participate in meetings, assisting in the presentation of financial reports and progress reports to project teams and donors.
- Provides guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in the area of responsibility.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in a Finance/Accounting role in a large organization preferably in an NGO;
- Demonstrated experience using an ERP financial system
- Experience in providing financial and budget support to programme/projects;
- Demonstrated experience at developing financial reports for senior management
- Demonstrated knowledge of IPSAS/IFRS
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent