VOLUNTEERING / INTERNSHIP OFFER: Fundraising / Social Business Officer – Chiang Mai, Thailand
Baan Dek Foundation is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious, organization that supports about 1000 migrant children in need and their families in the construction sites and slums of Chiang Mai Province (Northern Thailand). Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek Foundation protects vulnerable children, allows families to become self-sustainable and provides children with opportunities for a better future.
The Foundation is officially registered according to Thai Law and is supported by four independent entities: Kids Home France, Kids Home Italia, Kids Home UK and Kids Home America, which are all recognized as charitable associations in their respective countries, and they fundraise and raise awareness for the Baan Dek Foundation’s work in Thailand. You can find further information about Baan Dek Foundation’s projects at www.baandekfoundation.org.
Responsibilities of the advertised position:
Baan Dek Foundation is currently looking for a fundraising/ social business officer. The objectives of the mission are:
· Together with the current Dao Social Enterprise team, develop and implement comprehensive financial structure and generate new sales. This overall funding mission will include the following specific tasks and responsibilities:
o Develop and implement business plan, including: projected income and expenditure, cash flow forecast, balance sheet profit and loss, finance and methods of trainings, growth projection and scenarios planning.
o Research demands for the luxury market corporate gifts to develop optimal market position.
o Develop and implement a fundraising plan, including: systematic prospection of new customers and generation of new sales
o Update the Dao Social Enterprise website to optimize online sales.
· Support to local field projects developed by the NGO: Participate in field activities dedicated to childhood development. Assist, create, or coordinate educational and entertaining activities among communities of beneficiaries.
· Complementary support for partnerships: Work closely with the management team in the development of requested communication materials, financial information, etc.
· Qualification: Any diploma related to business, marketing or business development.
· Experience: working on a social business/social enterprise considered an asset.
· Personal characteristics: Dynamic, creative person with proven skills regarding business development and fundraising activities. Ability to work in team and independently with a deadline. Able to provide and receive positive criticism in a sensitive manner. Highly motivated, flexible and interested in humanitarian missions as well as social businesses. Reliable and respectful to local culture.
· Languages: Bilingual English spoken and written (native English profiles will be considered in priority – French and Thai are valuable assets)
Duration of contract: 6 months
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Position status: Internship / volunteer (certification can be awarded at the end of the project)
Compensation: No initial financial compensation / Open to self-financing initiatives.
Benefits: Accommodation and food (lunch on weekdays,) accommodation and transportation ( motorbike,mean available)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
The Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit and in line with the local needs. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation’s Child Protection Policy.