Application closing date: 31 March 2020
The volunteer will build the capacity of the local Biomedical Technicians in hospitals to maintain and repair medical equipment. The overall placement objective is to build the capacity of relevant staff in the placement hospital to do the installation of basic medical equipment, minor maintenance and to manipulate the machines appropriately.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering or Biomedical Technology.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of Engineering and able to perform maintenance of medical equipment
- You are fully accredited
- You have the ability to work with limited technical resources
- You have experience in training, coaching and supervision
- Fluent English proficiency
- IT skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Background in public health or health economics will be added advantage.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open-minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full-time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in the country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Start Date – 16/09/2019
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.