The Middle East Regional Office was created in January 2014 as part of NRC’s reorganization process. We currently have more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan and Palestine, working in the shelter, education, food security, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs. As an integral part of the overall mandate of NRC we rely heavily on strong and supportive administrative teams to ensure our programmes run smoothly, on time and on budget. Essential to this function are our core competency experts, who work to set technical strategy, develop proposals and successfully implement NRC programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our technical experts have at least 4 years of relevant professional experience in WASH within the humanitarian field. They also have field work experience that includes experience working in camp and urban settings and experience in WASH in emergencies and protracted crisis. They are team players and culturally sensitive, with proven analytical, communication skills.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the successful delivery of WASH activities implemented through direct delivery of partner-led approaches. This includes responsibility for managing assigned project budgets, and the regular review of targets, vs. actual, budgets and work-plans.
- Developing and/or revising the Core Competency Strategies for WASH by providing analysis and recommendations for needs and response options.
- Responsible for providing technical support and leadership to partners and communities implementing WASH-related activities.
- Responsible for ensuring quality control and quality monitoring of NRC activities.
- Responsible for leading capacity building of NRC project teams and partner staff.
Contract Period: Short term/12 month and 24 month assignments Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale
Please take note:
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
These posts are often located in non-family duty stations.
Please quote reference: ‘WASH Expert’ and attach a current CV to email@example.com