ICT Help Desk Assistant
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
1. Identify and resolve end-user IT problems
2. Provide one-on-one end-user problem resolution support to all staff members and employees
3. Installation and configuring computer operating systems, productivity applications an mobile devices
4. Perform routine and proactive maintenance and checks on common peripherals devices Such printers, scanners,
photocopiers and network components.
5. Assist end-users with personal backups and assist in performing the general office-wide backups
6. Record all reactive and proactive incidents in the incident management system (Siebel)
7. Assist in the IT hardware inventory management and IT information asset register
8. Assist in training of end-users on usage of common software and hardware productivity tools
9. Perform any others tasks as may be required by direct supervisors or management
Essential: Work requires completion of secondary school.
Desirable: First University degree in Communication engineering or electronics or computer technology
Essential: A minimum of 8-year relevant experience in administrative information and communication technology
Desirable: Experience in integrating Voice and Data Communications field, LAN design, maintenance and troubleshooting roster configuration, IP address schemes, internet/tunnelling.
⦁ Very good knowledge of LAN and TCP/IP networking. ⦁ Good knowledge of E-mail system’s administration ⦁ Good knowledge of computer security including firewall and virus protection ⦁ Good Knowledge of data backup disaster Recovery procedures