Housing and Urban Development Sr Specialist
You will bring extensive international knowledge in urban planning and development, social housing, slum improvement and urban heritage preservation and renovation, and apply your vast experience towards urban development assessment and housing policies, strategies and programs with a view for adopting best practices and being responsive to client needs;
Support the formulation and supervision of lending/non-lending operations by applying a high degree of autonomy, – advancing the positioning of IDB as a knowledge bank in your sector of expertise, as well as provide advice to the country team’s strategic dialogue on specific topics related to the sector.
As team leader and/or team member you will:
- Lead policy dialogue with public and private institutions, development partners and other parties involved in housing and urban development at the national and subnational level; identify constraints and needs for development in the sector and design and implement possible policy and institutional reforms in the areas of social housing and territorial and urban planning.
- Contribute to the development of country strategies and programs, identifying priority action lines in housing and urban development with a strong emphasis on innovation and thematic value addition, to be captured in sector assessments and country strategy documentation.
- Originate, prepare, process, implement and evaluate lending operations, ensuring high quality technical and operational structuring and oversight.
- Conceptualize, prepare, process, implement and evaluate technical assistance programs in support of operations, to provide client support and to promote research and dissemination.
- Identify and/or assist with new opportunities to apply innovation, co-develop pilots for testing hypothesis in partnership with IDB’s Cities Lab, IDB Lab and/or other initiatives, and follow through findings, which might include scaling up and policy actions.
- Contribute to strategic networking with urban-related partners at the national and subnational levels, as well as academia, civil society and private sector-related entities; find opportunities to strengthen partnerships and, in coordination with IDB’s Cities Network, support the exchange of experiences and best practice.
- Develop or contribute to the development of high quality, relevant analytical, empirical studies and high impact presentations that advance original thinking in emerging themes relating to housing and urban development in LAC, with a special focus on the country where you will be assigned.
- Promote alliances with partner divisions and units across the IDB Group to propose and develop sustainable and innovative solutions with a cross sector perspective to respond to client’ needs.
You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, urban planning, architecture, civil engineering or a related field.
At least 10 years of relevant professional and international experience. At least 5-year experience in public sector urban development and housing projects (both design and implementation) is highly desirable.
Written and oral command of English and Spanish.
Login or register to apply for this job