Research Analyst I
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Analyst I within the Director General’s Office. This is a one-year, exempt, renewable appointment based in Washington D.C. The Research Analyst will work with senior research staff, assisting with literature reviews, drafting of reports, performing tasks associated with data collection, data maintenance & analysis, implementation of field surveys and other research support activities related to the work of the Division. This position is located at IFPRI’s headquarters in IFPRI but may involve travel to countries where IFPRI carries out its research.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of discussion papers, donor reports and other manuscripts for publication;
- Assist in developing data documentation manuals or other learning materials, as needed;
- Assist in handling household survey data (including survey design, sampling & questionnaire);
- Assist with field survey activities (training survey enumerators, field supervision of surveys);
- Assist with development of research instruments and analytical tools;
- Assist, as needed, in survey data processing, cleaning;
- Assist with data analysis, statistical analysis, econometric analysis;
- Assisting in conducting literature reviews & synthesis;
- Assist in preparing large datasets for public access;
- Assist with responses for internal/external data requests;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or International Development or related field plus two years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree in a related field;
- Ability to perform quantitative data analysis;
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical mind;
- Excellent econometric skills on cross-section and panel data analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth statistical analysis and report the results;
- Experienced in conducting literature reviews of academic publications, research reports, etc;
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well;
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work;
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel;
- Familiarity with popular software packages & Internet-based systems;
- Familiarity with Africa, Asia, and/or Latin America.
- Skilled in programming in R, Matlab, STATA, SPSS, and in managing household and large databases;
- Strong background in microeconomics, optimization methods, and industrial organization;
- Ability to moderate e-learning sessions;
- Familiarity with popular software packages, social media, & Internet-based systems;
- Ability to use and maintain knowledge bases in social network platforms.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer – F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Application closing date: Until the role is filled. Please visit the IFPRI website for more information.