Application closing date: 30 April 2019
Resources Management Officer in multiple duty stations, P2/P3* level.
I. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (MAY VARY FROM MISSION TO MISSION)
- Support the Chief of Mission in monitoring and overseeing the financial management for all project activities in the mission including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability. This includes working closely with the Senior Finance Officer to ensure that all payments are carried out in line with the mission’s projectization plan, burn rates for each project is closely monitored and implemented;
- Prepare donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures in close coordination with the CoM as well as relevant units in HQs or the Regional Office.
- Oversee the preparation of cash flows according to activities in the Mission and ensure daily control of funds disbursed under the coordination of Senior Finance Officer and submit Mission Funding Request; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget for the Mission, monitor budget control and report variances between budget and actual expenditures, and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
- Supervise the HR Officer in the preparation of payroll versus budgets and ensure that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria;
- Oversee the procurement processes in coordination with Procurement and Logistics Officer, ensuring mission follows all valid instructions related to Procurement, Logistics and Assets management
- Responsible for training national staff in the areas of administration, HR and Procurement Rules and finance.
- Work closely with other internal functional units of the Mission, as well as banking, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function.
- Liaise with relevant units at HQs and the Regional Office with regard to the financial activities of the Mission and preparation of annual BSP.
- Organize weekly meeting with RMU team and report back to the COM.
- In close coordination with the COM, conduct monthly on-site monitoring as necessary
- Review and monitor the Human Resources Management function in the mission in accordance with the Organization’s policies, procedures and practices and in light of project activities in the mission.
- Supervise the maintenance of an up-to-date inventory system, which ensures that all assets are reflected on inventory sheets.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
II. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
- Experience with internal control assessment, internal audit and/or external audit;
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports;
- Experience working with international institutions;
- Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP an advantage;
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures an advantage.