Software License Manager – EIB – Luxembourg
Software License Management
- Monitor, analyse, optimize and oversee the purchase of all software licenses in alignment with the procurement process guidelines to ensure appropriate quantities and licensing models are purchased, determine contract requirements and that orders are placed and proper payment is validated;
- Work with Product/Business Owners/Managers/Procurement Officer in negotiating license reductions/increases as necessary due to usage;
- Develop license management processes/templates, assess and participate in negotiating new software license agreements, negotiate changes to existing agreements;
- Assist IT management in establishing license and associated maintenance agreements consistent with the EIB Group’s current and planned usage, as well as industry best practice;
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement methods, policies, processes, best practices, techniques, technologies and tools for software license management.
Software Compliance Management
- Manage EIB Group compliance of approximately 200 software license agreements by developing, monitoring and enforcing proper software usage policies, processes and guidelines to ensure compliance and take corrective action if necessary;
- Conduct and manage internal software and compliance audits to identify variances between deployed and licensed software to ensure deployed software aligns with the quantity and licensing models purchased, rectifying variances between deployed and licensed software;
- Optimise software usage in order to avoid excessive or unwarranted usage.
- University degree in Business administration, Procurement, Legal, Contract Management or similar filed.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional experience in information technology, software license management, procurement, budgeting, cost accounting or control function preferably gained within an international organisation or in a bank.
- Experience from implementing and working with major Software Asset Management packages, like SNOW, Flexera or similar reporting and discovery tools used for software license management and compliance.
- Expertise in software license management, especially in interpreting contract language and compliance;
- Expertise in contract management, especially in contract negotiations.
- Good awareness and understanding of relevant industry trends, best practices and issues, as well as vendor business practices within the field of software license management and compliance;
- Understanding of EU public procurement regulations and laws would be considered an advantage;
- Proficient understanding of financial concepts and practices as they relate to software license and contract management;
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite, especially Word and Excel;
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).