Under the overall guidance of the Chief of the UN Trust Fund and direct supervision and reporting line to the Resource Mobilization and Advocacy Manager, the Resource Mobilization and Reporting Specialist will support implementation of the resource mobilization and communications strategies of the UN Trust Fund and will be responsible for coordinating collection of inputs across the team and drafting reports to donors, Commission on the Status of Women and to the Human Rights Council. Resource Mobilization and Reporting Specialist will steward the existing donors and partners as well as cultivate new partnerships with a view of raising new funds for the UNTF. This will include ensuring continuum of funds flow for the work of the UN Trust Fund and provision of annual grants and actively engaging with UN Women National Committees, private sector and relevant individuals for giving to the UNTF and collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Strategic Planning and Coordination support to UN Women Partnerships with companies related to the UN Trust Fund:
- Develop and implement of a private sector, UN Women National Committees and high-net individual donors’ engagement strategies for the UN Trust Fund;
- Implement UN Trust Fund resource mobilization and communications strategies and initiative with a view of meeting UNTF’s resource mobilization targets;
- Review and refine the communication and resource mobilization strategies on a regular basis to harness emerging opportunities, to anticipate changes to the internal direction and external fundraising environment, and to make mid-term adjustments;
- Liaise and coordinate with the Strategic Partnership Division and field offices to help package proposals to engage corporate support for grant giving initiatives;
Provide Partnership Building and outreach support:
- Serve as focal point with corporate partnerships, UN Women National Committees and high-net worth individual donors in harnessing and strengthening strategic partnerships;
- Act as a key resource of real-time UN Trust Fund’s partner intelligence for the UN Trust Fund Secretariat and field offices;
- Build relationships with new donors and partners and provides relevant, effective and timely support to all current and new UN Trust Fund’s donors and partners;
- Identify and mobilize key strategic partnerships to enhance impact and influence for strategic priorities of the UN Trust Fund;
- Maintain effective relationships with counterparts in other UN agencies, funds and programmes to promote and strengthen coordinated funding support for ending violence against women agenda and to support effectively civil society initiatives;
- Develop UN Trust Fund specific guidelines, communications and support material to support the UN Trust Fund team with outreach to companies, UN Women National Committees and high-net worth individual donors.
Provide Outreach and partnerships management support:
- Steward the existing and establishes new partnerships with corporate world actors, companies and foundations with the view of achieving UN trust Fund’s fundraising targets;
- Steward the UN Trust Fund’s existing and establish new partnerships with private sector partners, UN Women National Committees, individual givers and high-net individual donors;
- Identify appropriate data and benchmarks to measure success in alignment with UN Trust Fund’s overarching strategic plan;
- Ensure effective and efficient positioning and packaging of UN Trust Fund’s strategy with current and potential donors’ objectives to engage long-term support and partnership;
- Develop and implement differentiated, donor fund-raising approaches, aligned and coordinated with partnership initiatives and outreach activities;
- Undertake ad-hoc donor/potential donor mapping and analysis (donor intelligence, policies, sectoral and geographic preferences, economic and political background, development assistance strategies etc.), research and other activities to identify funding opportunities for the UN Trust Fund;
- Prepare funding proposals as required and necessary for potential donors and partners of the UN Trust Fund;
- Keep a regular update of all donor information, profiles and databases related to the UN Trust Fund’s private sector partners, UN Women National Committees and high-net worth individual givers.
Prepare reports to donors and to the Commission on the Status of Women and to the Human Rights Council:
- Coordinate across the team collection of inputs for the regular reporting of the UN Trust Fund to its constituents;
- Coordinate preparations of the regular UN Trust Fund’s Annual Report to donors;
- Coordinate preparations of the regular annual report of the UN Trust Fund to the Commission on the Status of Women and to the Human Rights Council.
Key performance indicators:
- Timely and quality development of resource mobilization strategies;
- Timely and quality implementation of communication and resource mobilization strategies;
- Regular communication and liaison with country offices and SPD;
- Strong relationships with donors and partners and new partnerships developed;
- Timely donor mapping and inputs to reports.
- Respect for Diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- In-depth knowledge on preventing and ending violence against women and girls;
- In-depth knowledge of grant-giving and work with the civil society organizations;
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with government representatives;
- Proven networking skills, and ability to mobilize support on behalf of the organization;
- Proven negotiating and public speaking skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of UN system and familiarity with inter-governmental processes;
- Familiarity with the UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women;
- Excellent IT skills, including databases, extranet and office software packages;
- Very effective at multi-tasking;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong initiative-taker;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Focuses on impact and results for client;
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with client and external actors;
- Participates effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, public administration, international relations, communications, women’s studies, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in working in the field of ending violence against women, gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Experience with civil society organizations;
- Experience with donor relations/resource mobilization with member states.
- Fluency in English (written and oral);
- Knowledge of other UN working languages is desirable.