Background Information – Job-specific
The internship is a learning and working opportunity that targets fresh graduates. The intern will assist the Finance Specialist and provide support to the Cambodia Operational Hub. The intern will be exposed to practical learning and working experiences that foster the development of his /her path. The Intern will work full time and follow the same working hours as UNOPS employees.
- This is the local internship programme, so only Cambodian is eligible to apply.
- Individuals who are the father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister of a personnel member of UNOPS are not eligible for an internship.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Accounting and administrative support,
- Financial reporting and control,
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Provide support on the achievement of the following results:
- Proper filing of financial documentations,
- Assist in the preparation of payments,
- Prepare project financial reporting,
- Perform other duties as assigned by Finance Specialist.
- Applicants must be 4th-year university student such as a Bachelor or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the date of the application of the internship.
- The preferred candidate would have a degree in or pursuing studies in the areas of Accounting, finance, banking and other related areas.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience.
- Experience in office software packages (word, powerpoint) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet (Excel) is required.
- Experience in use of an ERP system is an asset.
- Experience in use of SharePoint is an asset.
Six months with possible extension.
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff/ICA position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend around 330 USD/month as per UNOPS internship policy provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions.
Application closing date: 31 August 2019