Risk Management Advisor – UNOPS – Helsinki
- Acts as a subject matter expert on all key Portfolio Risk metrics and practices while designing and developing relevant risk procedures;
- Leads the execution of governance, risk assessment, process review and validation, monitoring and reporting and technology strategy;
- Opines on the financial due diligence process including providing oversight on modeling, valuation and analysis;
- Provides guidance, oversight and technical input to confirm that independent validations performed are appropriate and of a high quality and consistency in line with relevant regulations and interpretation thereof;
- Coordinates testing observations to contribute to improving the team’s validation methodology and execution capabilities;
- Working with legal, tax and other internal teams, to develop a unified Model Risk Management and Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance validation program end-to-end;
- Day to day risk oversight of the portfolio and preparation materials and reporting as needed;
- Interface with key/senior stakeholders, governing bodies and business partners to discuss the status of the validation work, results of test work, and quarterly reporting, working alongside the Senior Partnerships & Social Investments Manager;
- Works in a flexible, dynamic, and team-oriented working culture that fosters collaboration, personal development and mentoring and skills development;
- Conducts special projects as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in financial services, business, accounting, management or related areas; two additional years of relevant work experience, in combination with a relevant first level university (bachelor’s degree or equivalent), may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Holds at least seven years of relevant experience with a strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment, with a focus on Market, Credit, Liquidity and/or Operational Risk practices.
- Knowledge of the renewable energy and affordable housing sectors is an asset.
- Strong track record and substantial knowledge and expertise in all aspects of managing risks in infrastructure, debt, and equity investments.
- Strong risk, process and control validation and/or assessment skills -a prior role within consulting, finance or internal audit covering risk processes is desirable.
- High level of proficiency in Excel/google sheets and superior financial modelling skills.
- In-depth knowledge of equity investment risks, equity and mezzanine investment structuring, value addition opportunities and assessing upside potential in equities as well as challenging situations and trends in equity portfolios in emerging markets.
- Strong communication, analytic, risk management, program management, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with and oversee diverse and senior teams.
- Strong stakeholder experience with negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Exceptional quality standards and an ongoing desire to push for new approaches and insights.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
- Experience in working with international organizations is highly desirable.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English.
- Working knowledge of French or Spanish would be an asset.
Closing date for applications 31 May 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com